GLENCOE PTO Mission
Glencoe PTO’s mission is to enrich the educational experience of Glencoe children during their K-8 years through:
• Implementation of programs that support curricular goals;
• Offering family events and parent education programs; and
• Raising funds to underwrite PTO programs and specific District 35 needs.
VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERSHIP:
More than 1,000 district parents volunteer for all PTO programs and events, including:
• 20 Board Members,
• 65 Committee Chairs, and
• 100 Room Representatives.
PTO membership comprises 80 percent of district families and 25 percent of district teachers and administrators.
Each year, the Glencoe PTO provides curriculum enrichment and enhancement, parent education and family events for District 35 students, parents and teachers. It also provides volunteers to help out in classrooms and libraries. And the PTO plans Staff Appreciation events throughout the school year to honor teachers, staff and administrators.
To pay for its programs and district needs, Glencoe PTO orchestrates several Fundraising Activities including:
• Lunch Days
• Spring Event
• Book Fairs at each school
• Tricks, Hoops and Ally Oops
• School Supplies
The PTO is committed to financially supporting six program areas:
1. Curriculum Enrichment programs:
• Cultural Arts programs for Grades K-8;
• Author/Illustrator programs for Grades K-8; and
• Readers are Leaders programs for Grades K-4.
2. Personal Responsibility and Citizenship. Programs that emphasize social conduct, respect, tolerance, and appreciation of other cultures and values, including the district’s WE Care program.
3. Family Events
4. McKeon Fund: Confidential scholarship fund that enables students to participate in all school activities, regardless of ability to pay.
5. Curriculum Enhancement Initiatives: Direct support for district-directed curriculum initiatives, such as purchasing materials and equipment for classrooms, enhanced teacher training, and student clubs.
6. Staff Education and Support and Staff Appreciation programs
HOW YOUR FAMILY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
• Be an active part of your child’s school experience;
• Support PTO fundraising activities;
• Participate as a volunteer in any PTO program; and
• Become a member of the Glencoe PTO for $40.00